Parent CORPS (Committee of Responsible Parent Support) is a group of parents dedicated to the Assumption Academy community. Our mission is to promote, serve, and financially support Assumption Academy. We assist in providing:
- Academic Excellence
- Social Interaction
- Financial Assistance
- Services to enhance the quality of Assumption Academy
We welcome any interested parents of Assumption students to join and participate in all we offer!
2018-2019 Board Members
President: Deborah Saluan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Assistant President: Marie Rubino (email@example.com)
Membership: Amanda Croft (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Treasurer: Karen Kenny (email@example.com)
Asst. Treasurer: Tricia Hyland (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Recording Secretary: Stephanie Liszniansky (email@example.com)
Corresponding Secretary/Friday Folders: Olha Kalivoshko (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note: All employees and volunteers who have contact with students will undergo thorough screening, including background checks, through the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation & Identification (BCI&I). For complete information on screening policies, see the revised Policy for the Safety of Children in Matters of Sexual Abuse, section 1.2 (p. 3).
- APC Fundraiser (gift card order form) Assumption Academy Parent Corps purchases gift cards at a discount. We sell the cards at face value and keep the difference in profit. This is a very small profit margin but it is a unique way to raise money for the school by spending what you normally would buy on everyday items. Our program year begins every June 1 and ends May 31. In order to meet our fundraising goals, we are asking each school family to purchase a minimum of $2,000 in cards during the program year. School families will receive a 1% tuition credit on total purchases when the minimum of $2,000 is met. The credit is applied toward your first tuition payment of the next school year.
- ACME – Community Cash Back
Shop ACME and collect receipts between August 9, 2018 and December 29, 2018. Submit receipts to Parent CORPS.
- Giant Eagle’s – Apples for the Students
Register your Giant Eagle Advantage Card with Apples for the Students and with every scan of your registered Giant Eagle Advantage Card at the cash register, points are automatically credited to Assumption Academy!
- Heinen’s – Tasteful Rewards
Heinen’s will donate up to 1% of what you spend from September to April to a local school of your choice every time you shop and use your Tasteful Rewards card. Each new school year requires all individuals to re-register for this program. To do this, have your Heinen’s Preferred Card handy when you go to their website: http://www.heinensrewards.com.
- Box Tops for Education
Earn money for Assumption Academy by clipping Box Tops For Education from hundreds of products. Box Tops should be neatly trimmed, placed in a resealable plastic bag, labeled with the student’s name and grade, and turned in to the school office. Visit Box Tops For Education for a list of participating products.
Events for 2018-2019
September 11 – General meeting 6:00 PM
September 27 – Ladies Night Out
October 5 – Junior High Fall Dance
October 9 – General meeting 6:00 PM
October 14 – Family Mass 10:30 AM
October 18 – Donuts with Dad
October 20 – Trunk or Treat
November 13 – General meeting 6:00 PM
November 15 – Muffins with Mom
December 9 – Sundaes with Santa
December 18 – General meeting 6:00 PM
January 15 – General meeting 6:00 PM
January 27 – start of Catholic Schools Week
February 8 – Father / Daughter Dance
February 19 – General meeting 6:00 PM
March 15 – Leprechaun Fair
March 19 – General meeting 6:00 PM
April 12 – Mother / Son Event
April 16 – General meeting 6:00 PM
May 24 – Fun Run / Field Day